Wednesday 22 May 2020 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
Delivered via Zoom interactive virtual workshop
Professional & Associate Members $675
Affiliate Members $775
Non Members $775
This cutting edge neuroscience-based leadership course builds a range of managers’ leadership, results, personal attributes, and relationship capabilities in developing their employees to higher performance, higher engagement and better results through use of our pioneering ‘every day coaching culture leadership’ methodology. The practice empowers team members, helping them to think for themselves more, and take more personal responsibility for a solution-focused approach through a leader’s ‘teach them to fish’ approach and find their own solutions rather than being told. It builds collaboration and improves communication at all levels.
- Take back to the workplace every day coaching culture leadership skills to improve performance and engagement
- Vastly improve communication, resilience and motivating staff into action
- Understand the importance of emotional factors on themselves and others
- Understand the working of the brain and how this knowledge is applied to have better coaching conversations in the workplace (and beyond)
- Thorough understanding of peak performance and situational coaching
- Practical techniques to deal with staff, peers and self, plus improved communication and listening skills.
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Adept to Advanced level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
People Management: Manage and develop people, Inspire direction and purpose, Optimise business outcomes
- Coach and mentor staff and encourage professional development and continuous learning.
- Build a shared sense of direction, clarify priorities and goals, and inspire others to achieve them.
- Work with others to translate strategic direction into operational goals and build a shared understanding of the link to core business outcomes.
- Create opportunities for recognising and celebrating high performance at individual and team level.
- Initiate and develop longer-term goals and plans to guide the work of the team in line with organisational objectives.
Simon Smith is a well-qualified and respected Coach and Trainer and spent five years as a specialist consultant in the recruitment industry, where he trained and mentored recruitment consultants, candidates and clients in job application and interview skills. He has also sat on numerous Public Sector recruitment panels operating as an independent and convenor recruiting from SES level to Clerk Grade1/2. Simon has coached and trained thousands of people in the Public and Private sectors. He has helped people get clear on what they want to do with their careers, gain the confidence they need to take that step and given people the skills they need to get their next job – everything from writing a résumé to writing job applications to interview skills. He has a down to earth, humorous, positive and energetic personality and is passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives.
All course materials (including the workbooks) will be made available through our digital learning space, Illuminate. Your Illuminate access details will be provided 7 days prior to the course date.
Other courses you may be interested in
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email email@example.com.