*** THIS COURSE IS FACE-TO-FACE ONLY, PLEASE BOOK INTO THE APRIL COURSE FOR ONLINE/VIRTUAL DELIVERY ***
When: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th March 2022
Time: 9.00AM - 5.00PM
Venue: Christie Spaces
320 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Standard Fee (incl. GST) $1,045.00
Group Fee (incl. GST) $950.00 per person * (Minimum 3 people)
* Contact IPAA NSW on 02 8066 1900 for group bookings
**Includes printed workbook and all-day catering - please inform us of any dietary requirements**
- Successful completion of Level 1 Introduction to Procurement is a pre-requisite requirement to register for PCP Level 2 Intermediate procurement.
- To discuss direct entry into PCP Level 2, please email [email protected] or call 07 3215 3604
- QLD PCP Procurement policy 2021 click here
Intermediate Procurement builds on the fundamental procurement skills introduced in PCP Level 1 Introduction to Procurement. It introduces the concept of procurement as a strategic and cyclical process. Key tasks are introduced including drafting a specification, preparing an invitation to offer, receiving, and evaluating offers and basic contract administration. Risk assessment, ethics, and fair dealing, incorporating sustainability in procurement practice and the concept of total cost of ownership are examined to develop the skill set of the intermediate procurement officer.
- Awareness of the essential phases in the strategic sourcing cycle
- Ability to plan a procurement activity
- Ability to implement a procurement plan in a way that reflects the legislative and policy environment applicable to the organisation
- Ability to draft specifications, go to market, and select suppliers for small-medium size procurements
- Ability to undertake basic contract administration, contract management planning and performance management of contractors
- Understanding of how to conduct risk assessments and an introduction to the concept of total-cost-of-ownership
- Understanding of ethics and fair dealing, and how to incorporate sustainability in procurement
- Act within own delegations and refer issues to higher authority when necessary
Benefits to your organisation
- Compliance with QLD Government procurement legislation
- Contract disputes avoided
- Improved value for money arising from low risk, low value purchases
Benefits to you
- Understanding of how to plan a low risk, low value procurement process
- Ability to conduct an effective procurement activity
- Ability to manage a contract effectively
- Ethics and fair dealing
- Sustainable procurement overview
- Analysis to achieve value for money
- Introduction to contract law
- Co-ordinating procurement
- Procurement planning
- Conducting the procurement
- Manage the contract
- Complete contractual arrangements
Please contact IPAA NSW on 02 80661900 for further information and costing for this option.
The class size is a minimum of 12 up to a maximum of 18 participants only.
Individual bookings are a per person cost. Group bookings are a per person cost for a group of three or more participants from the same agency.
Course delivery is subject to meeting minimum panel size (12–18). Where a minimum panel is not achieved, registered attendees will be advised no later than one week prior to the course start date.
If you have a group of 10-18 people, we can send a trainer to your location (see In-House Course Delivery below).
In-House Course Delivery
In-house training can also be provided directly to your organisation at a MINIMUM cost of $9,955.00 (incl. GST), plus $66.00 per person for assessment fees. Maximum class size of 18 applies. Prices exclude facilitator travel to your venue of choice, and any venue and catering costs. Contact [email protected] or on (02) 8066 1900 for more information.
Please note: Successful completion of Level 1 online training is a pre-requisite requirement to attend PCP Level 2 in-house training.
The information being collected when registering for this course is for the purpose of managing your learning and development. This organisation may disclose this information to a Queensland government agency or contracted service provider as is necessary for the management, delivery and student outcome reporting of this learning and development course. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.