Augment your leadership and people management skills to help your team be at their best.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you a manager leading a team? Are you looking to help yourself, your team & your organisation to perform to the highest potential?
The Great Managers Program will allow you to improve your Leadership & People Management skills regardless of your current level or your experience.
You will experience the flexibility & convenience of self-paced learning combined with deep professional development via personalised expert coaching throughout this blended course.
People management was identified by the NSW public sector leaders as one of the Skills for Success that all public servants now need. This course builds on the foundations developed in Skills for Succes: Employee engagement & retention.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
You will finish this nine-month course knowing you can:
- demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within your team.
- show awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth and develop and apply new skills.
- recognise and adapt to individual differences and working styles.
- keep control of your own emotions and stay calm under pressure and in challenging situations.
- demonstrate a high level of personal motivation.
- actively listen to others and clarify your own understanding.
- be willing to seek input from others and share your own ideas to achieve best outcomes.
- ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated.
- provide regular constructive feedback to build on your team’s strengths and achieve results.
- take the initiative to progress and deliver your own and your team’s work.
- initiate and develop team goals and plans and use feedback to inform future planning.
- recognise and acknowledge high individual/team performance.
The Great Managers Program is for people at Intermediate to Advanced and you will develop the following capabilities:
- People management: Manage and develop people
- People management: Inspire direction and purpose
The course is also mapped to IPAA's leadership topic area.
If you are a NSW public sector employee, then you are eligible for Affiliate membership free of charge here.
You’ll be able to access all course materials (including workbooks) on our digital learning space, Illuminate. We’ll send you your Illuminate access details 7 days prior to the course date.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Register now to secure your spot.
9 to 12 Month Program