Do you need to write clear and concise ministerial correspondence?
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are looking for better ways to communicate persuasively to experts and non-experts?
Would you work benefit from a deeper understanding of how to use the departmental processes and templates?
Are you responsible for writing ministerial correspondence?
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
You will leave this course with the skills to write structured, persuasive ministerial correspondence with the right tone and emotional engagement.
You will also learn how to handle risk and opportunities and understand the process and the authorising environment around your correspondence.
You will learn through an interactive range of scenarios, case studies, exercises and group discussions.
After completing the course you will have build skills you can apply immediately to your workplace. These include:
- understanding the purpose, importance and types of Ministerial letters and briefings.
- efficiently producing ministerial and departmental correspondence and emails to the required high standard.
- writing to an identified purpose and properly address material risk and the concerns of diverse audiences.
- knowing the characteristics of well written Ministerial letters which meet the needs of the Minister and the agency.
- understanding what is important and relevant when writing a Ministerial letter.
- efficiently managing the process of drafting correspondence and emails.
- drafting correspondence and emails that are clear, compelling and logical.
Writing ministerial correspondence is for people at the Foundational and Intermediate level and you will develop the following capabilities:
- Relationships: Communicate effectively
- Results: Deliver results
- PSC Think and Solve Problems
The course is also mapped to IPAA’s working in the NSW government topic area.
Please note: All NSW Public Servants are automatically Affiliate members of IPAA NSW and entitled to Affiliate rates. To activate this, sign up here.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Register now to secure your spot.
Terms and Conditions