Are you a project manager looking to take the next step in leading projects?
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Do you have experience managing projects and are keen to take the next step into a leadership role?
Would your work benefit from a deeper understanding of strategic project management, project governance, and the tools to lead successful projects?
Project management is a skill that is increasingly sought after regardless of your specialisation. Most professionals will be involved in a range of projects over the course of their career and a solid understanding of leading and managing a process opens doors to a range of senior and leadership positions.
If you are looking to take your next steps as a project manager and take a leadership role in managing projects, this course is for you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
You will leave this course with the skills to lead successful projects through strong communication, organisational and team leadership skills.
In this two day workshop you will explore more advanced project management tools and techniques and gain a deeper understanding of strategic project management and project governance.
You will also learn how to manage changes to the project scope, project planning and control, stakeholder communication, and how to develop an effective project team to achieve your project’s outcomes.
You will finish this course knowing you can:
- recognise the need for a project and subsequently initiate it.
- conduct the development of project scope and definition activities including defining the project context, and listing project deliverables, constraints and outcomes.
- build a project management culture bringing together, motivating and successfully managing and leading multifunctional project teams.
- develop project plans, schedules and budgets, conduct risk management activities, direct project communications and apply project scope controls.
- communicate the project strategy and its expected benefits to key stakeholders.
- evaluate project outcomes and draw lessons from the project for continuous improvement.
Applied Project Management is for people at the Intermediate to Adept levels and you will develop the following capabilities:
- Business enablers: Project management
- Results: Deliver results
- Results: Plan and prioritise
Please note: All NSW Public Servants are automatically Affiliate members of IPAA NSW and entitled to Affiliate rates. To activate this, sign up here.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Terms and Conditions
Register now to secure your spot.