Are you a policy professional keen to advance your career?
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you a policy specialist seeking the skills and knowledge to formulate, advise and implement strategic policy outcomes?
Could your career benefit from a better understanding of all aspects of the policymaking process including how policies are defined, developed, implemented, and evaluated?
This two-day course will give you a deep knowledge to further develop your public sector career.
This includes learning more about the impact of the political system on policymaking, and the importance of internal and external consultation in achieving policy objectives.
An understanding of policy development was identified by the NSW public sector leaders as one of the Skills for Success that all public servants now need. This course builds the knowledge built in our Policy Basics one day course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Whether you are an experienced policy formulator or putting together advanced policy analysis, this course will build on your existing knowledge and experience to give you a fulsome understanding of the intricacies of policy development.
In this comprehensive two day course, you will explore case studies from real public sector examples, and policy concerns specific to working in the NSW Government environment.
You will finish the course knowing you can:
- collect, collate, and manage policy evidence and research.
- use networking to lead consultation with other agencies, government, and industry to determine policy direction.
- analyse policy problems using sophisticated information and data analysis techniques
- systematically analyse and catalogue tasks into manageable responsibilities.
- formulate results-focused policy with implementation in mind from the outset.
- develop and deliver high impact, persuasive policy messages appropriate to political and policy context.
- construct and implement monitoring, review, and performance measures into policy work.
Advanced Policy Development is for people at the Adept to Advanced levels and you will develop the following capabilities:
- People management: Manage reform and change
- Results: Deliver results
The course is also mapped to IPAA’s policy
This course is scheduled to demand.
If you are an individual, register your interest below and you will be notified when the next cohort is scheduled.
If you have a group of 5 or more, register your interest below for an in-house course and our Learning team will contact you.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Register now to secure your spot.
Register your Interest
How many people do you have interested doing this course?
Individual (1-4 people) Group (5 or more people)