Learn how to write in a reader friendly way.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you new to writing?
Are you keen to develop the skills so that people will actually read your documents?
Knowing how to write in plain English and communicate your ideas effectively in writing is an indispensable and essential skill for any specialisation and at any level in the workplace.
If you want to develop the skills and techniques to write effectively and with clarity, don’t miss this course.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
You will leave this course with the skills to write complicated ideas in a clear and easy style.
You will learn how to develop a process to use so that you can finish your documents quickly and effectively.
You will also work through practical examples to see how writing plainly can make all the difference.
You will finish this course knowing you can:
- bridge the gap between your message and audience.
- know the characteristics of plain English.
- choose appropriate language.
- understand and effectively use active and passive voice.
- proofread effectively.
- write concisely.
- understand how to use punctuation marks.
- review some common problem words.
- review useful references.
- reflect on your own writing.
Writing with Clarity is for people at the Foundational to Adept levels and you will develop the following capabilities:
- Relationships: Communicate effectively
- Relationships: Influence and negotiate
The course is mapped to IPAA's working in the NSW government topic area.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Register now to secure your spot.